AFFIRMATIONS – Do they work? What exactly is an affirmation?
Affirmations are anything we say or write repeatedly. They affect our minds and thoughts in a positive or negative manner. If I keep repeating that ” I will never get a good job. I am unlucky.” Then this is the energy that I will attract. This is why it’s very important to keep not only our words but also our thoughts positive. We tap the subconscious with these affirmations. Affirmations are conscious efforts when we plan them. If we observe our day to day thoughts, we will observe that there are many statements that we make in words and thought, which are not positive.
We all have a right brain and a left brain. The right brain deals with the creative side and contains the subconscious. The left brain is the conscious and thinking, logical side.
Based on the law of attraction, we can change our life and situation when we change our thoughts or perception. We need to change them with a sense of surrender though. If we keep doing this with the conscious mind telling us “this can’t happen” or “it’s not true”, these will not work.
All affirmations should be written or chanted in the present tense or the present continuous tense. For example, “I have a new job which gives me financial abundance and job satisfaction” when looking for a new job. We tap our subconscious when we chant or write these affirmations.
Affirmations must be realistic and fact-based. When forming an affirmation one must be careful to use only positive words.
Affirmations can only be for ourselves. We cannot affirm on behalf of others. We cannot affirm for our children or spouses, we can pray for them.
I get a lot of questions about how we can use affirmations in relationships, new and existing ones. We cannot use affirmations for a better relationship with a specific person or affirm that the other person falls in love with us etc. We can, however, affirm that we are open to a better relationship, or an amicable relationship with someone, or the best person suited for us.
Why don’t they work for you?
- It could be the reason I’ve mentioned above, about not really believing in them. do it because you’ve been asked to do them as a remedy, or have read about it somewhere. There needs to be blind faith and surrender of your conscious for them to work.
- You have been trying to mold another person’s free will to your wants and needs. This happens in relationships.
- Your soul has planned certain things before your birth. Sometimes these do not allow you to achieve the affirmation you are working on. This is rare and can be corrected through a session with a healer or a therapist. If you are one of them you can connect with me.
- A curse, wow, or oath that was taken in this lifetime or a previous one. Again, can be sorted with the help of healing or therapy. Get in touch with me if you feel this is true for you.
Some examples of affirmations to use –
- I am open to receiving love and respect. I love and respect myself.
- It is easy for me to earn money. Money flows into my life with ease and grace.
- I am emotionally, mentally, physically, and financially abundant.
- I love my life. My life is full of joy and happiness.
- I love my job. I am successful at my work.
Form your own affirmations. write them, chant them as many times as you feel good about and see your dreams turn into reality.